- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 6: Teachers Talking Technology
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- May 16: Final Friday Faculty Social
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Join Dan Moos, Education, on Tuesday, March 10 for Teachers Talking Technology where he will present "Smart Boards in the Classroom." Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
New Faculty Orientation Session
Join Julie Johnson and Jane Lalim, Academic Advising, on March 12th for the New Faculty Orientation Session. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet at 12:30 p.m. then meet in the St. Peter Room.
The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is pleased to introduce a special initiative; a sabbatical retreat with an opportunity for special grant funding during the sabbatical year, available to faculty who are eligible for a first sabbatical in 2009-10, or a second or successive sabbatical from 2009-2012. For more information, please see the Kendall Center website. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 13.
RSC Grants due
Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Grants are due in the Kendall Center Monday, March 16. For information visit our website.
Special Teachers Talking
Jeanne Herman, Becky Fremo, and Katy Young, a Graduate Assistant at MSU-Mankato, will hold a session that focuses on "Improving writing by ELL students." Join us for a special Teachers Talking on Tuesday, March 17. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and repeats 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry - Abstracts Due
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus. Abstracts are due March 18. The Celebration will be held on the evening of Friday, May 1 and will feature student poster presentations. Faculty- if you know of students who have carried out projects appropriate for this event, please visit the Kendall Center website.
The Liberal Arts, Abroad
Inside Higher Education article, The Liberal Arts, Abroad.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.