- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
SPECIAL DEADLINE EDITION
Keep reading to learn about upcoming faculty development opportunities and their deadlines.
Sabbatical and RSC Grants Due Dates
Sabbaticals due March 2, 2009 and Research Scholarship and Creativity Grants are due March 16, 2009. Please visit the Kendall Center website for more information.
The 2009 Summer Teaching and Learning Workshop will be held June 1-5. Faculty will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of sessions, depending on interest or availability during the week. Visit the Kendall Center website for a description of each session, dates/times, and for an application. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 6.
Imagine a simple classroom technique that would not only benefit student learning and instructional effectiveness, but could also be used to discover what students are learning in your course. Tuesday, March 17 join faculty colleagues from across the campus to learn how knowledge surveys, which consist of items that cover the full breadth of course objectives, serve many of these needs. Deadline is Friday, March 6.
The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is pleased to introduce a special initiative; a sabbatical retreat with an opportunity for special grant funding during the sabbatical year, available to faculty who are eligible for a first sabbatical in 2009-10, or a second or successive sabbatical from 2009-2012. For more information, please see the Kendall Center website. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 13.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry - Abstracts Due
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus. Abstracts are due March 18. The Celebration will be held on the evening of Friday, May 1 and will feature student poster presentations. Faculty- if you know of students who have carried out projects appropriate for this event, please visit the Kendall Center website.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.