- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
SPECIAL DEADLINE EDITION
Keep reading to learn about upcoming faculty development opportunities and their deadlines.
Sabbatical and RSC Grants Due Dates
Sabbaticals due March 2, 2009 and Research Scholarship and Creativity Grants are due March 16, 2009. Please visit the Kendall Center website for more information.
The 2009 Summer Teaching and Learning Workshop will be held June 1-5. Faculty will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of sessions, depending on interest or availability during the week. Visit the Kendall Center website for a description of each session, dates/times, and for an application. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 6.
Imagine a simple classroom technique that would not only benefit student learning and instructional effectiveness, but could also be used to discover what students are learning in your course. Tuesday, March 17 join faculty colleagues from across the campus to learn how knowledge surveys, which consist of items that cover the full breadth of course objectives, serve many of these needs. Deadline is Friday, March 6.
The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is pleased to introduce a special initiative; a sabbatical retreat with an opportunity for special grant funding during the sabbatical year, available to faculty who are eligible for a first sabbatical in 2009-10, or a second or successive sabbatical from 2009-2012. For more information, please see the Kendall Center website. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 13.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry - Abstracts Due
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus. Abstracts are due March 18. The Celebration will be held on the evening of Friday, May 1 and will feature student poster presentations. Faculty- if you know of students who have carried out projects appropriate for this event, please visit the Kendall Center website.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.