- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Join Dr. David Vikner, President of the Japan International Christian University Foundation, for a special Teachers Talking connected to the Gustavus Global Insight: China program. On Tuesday, October 28, please attend either the 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. session in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on Thursday, October 30th for Teachers Talking Technology on "Using Blogs with Students." Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on Tuesday, November 4th for Teachers Talking Technology. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
November New Faculty Orientation Sessions
We will discuss Departmental Relationships at the November 6th monthly Orientation Session for new faculty. We will meet in Linner Lounge and cater-in lunch for this meeting. The November 20th meeting topic is; Course evaluations. Free lunch at the Buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room. Please feel free to get your lunch anytime after 12:15 p.m. - we have a sign-in sheet at the buffet. We'll start the session at 12:45 p.m. and so hope everyone can be through the line by then.
Teachers Talking "College 101"
Join Mark Anderson, Vice President of Admissions for a conversation about recruiting students to make an incoming class, how financial aid packages are determined, and what faculty can do to assist in these vital efforts. Join us on Wednesday November 12 from 4 to 5 p.m. for wine and appetizers and Thursday, November 13 for lunch from 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. Both sessions are scheduled to meet in the St. Peter Room.
Fulbright Scholar Program
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers faculty, administrators and professionals grants to lecture or do research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields, or to participate in seminars. Please visit the Fulbright website for more information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.