- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Join Dr. David Vikner, President of the Japan International Christian University Foundation, for a special Teachers Talking connected to the Gustavus Global Insight: China program. On Tuesday, October 28, please attend either the 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. session in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on Thursday, October 30th for Teachers Talking Technology on "Using Blogs with Students." Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on Tuesday, November 4th for Teachers Talking Technology. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
November New Faculty Orientation Sessions
We will discuss Departmental Relationships at the November 6th monthly Orientation Session for new faculty. We will meet in Linner Lounge and cater-in lunch for this meeting. The November 20th meeting topic is; Course evaluations. Free lunch at the Buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room. Please feel free to get your lunch anytime after 12:15 p.m. - we have a sign-in sheet at the buffet. We'll start the session at 12:45 p.m. and so hope everyone can be through the line by then.
Teachers Talking "College 101"
Join Mark Anderson, Vice President of Admissions for a conversation about recruiting students to make an incoming class, how financial aid packages are determined, and what faculty can do to assist in these vital efforts. Join us on Wednesday November 12 from 4 to 5 p.m. for wine and appetizers and Thursday, November 13 for lunch from 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. Both sessions are scheduled to meet in the St. Peter Room.
Fulbright Scholar Program
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers faculty, administrators and professionals grants to lecture or do research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields, or to participate in seminars. Please visit the Fulbright website for more information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.