- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
New Faculty Dates to Remember
New Faculty, please note the following events: 1) Monday, August 25th Tenure Track new faculty will attend an informational luncheon/meeting from noon to 2:30 p.m. in the St. Peter Room, Campus Center. 2) New Faculty Orientation Day, Tuesday, August 26 from 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. in the Heritage Room, Campus Center. All new faculty are expected to attend.
Do your students work too hard in your classes?
Project leaders from Wabash College will present in-depth results of the study in a workshop format, allowing faculty to work on a particular course or course component that addresses study findings. Join us for Faculty Development Day on Wednesday August 27 from 9 a.m. through lunch.
Corrections to Research, Scholarship, and Creativity 2006-2007. Our apologies to the following faculty members.....
Fulbright Scholar Deadline
The August 1 deadline for Fulbright Scholar Program grants in the traditional program is approaching. You can find information on the 2009-2010 grants available, eligibility requirements, and complete application materials at our Web site, www.cies.org. Also, the new online application is now available for use. You can also request written materials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This issue of On Campus with Women parts the cloudy skies of campus and community politics to reveal the rays of promise for women's leadership. The authors both explore and exemplify the power of women's leadership, when mobilized toward action and advocacy, to transform the greater political field in which women operate.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.