- February 27: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thank you to the following faculty, staff, and administrators for sharing their expertise, experiences, ideas, and time this year in programs sponsored by the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. Click the "more" link to view list.
The Kendall Center will move to summer hours June through mid-August. We appreciate your patience as it may take a few extra days for us to respond either by email or phone.
Do your students work too hard in your classes?
Project leaders from Wabash College will present in-depth results of the study in a workshop format, allowing faculty to work on a particular course or course component that addresses study findings. Join us for Faculty Development Day on Wednesday August 27 from 9 a.m. through lunch.
1. Monday, August 25: Orientation for new Tenure Track Faculty
2. Tuesday, August 26: New Faculty Orientation
3. Wednesday, August 27: Faculty Development Day
4. Friday, September 5: First Friday Faculty Social
5. Friday, February 13, 2009: Chili Cook-Off
Reading in Common: Book Giveaway
The first year reading in common book has been announced: John Pomfret's Chinese Lessons: Five Classmates and the Story of the New China. To enable all faculty members to participate in the campus conversation, we will be offering a free book for any faculty member who would like one. This will be a future Teachers Talking event. Please email your request to the Kendall Center's administrative assistant, Cathy Blaukat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following is an explanation of how the professional travel funds can be used. Please contact the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning if you have questions. All forms can be found online on the Kendall Center website. Please click "more" for guidelines.
Ideas for Next Year?
We are always interested in receiving ideas for the Teachers Talking and Teachers Talking Technology series, guest speakers on higher education, reading groups, or other programs that would enhance the work of faculty here. Please send along your comments and ideas to the Kendall Center.
The following are some of the ways faculty have participated in Kendall Center faculty professional development programs this year; the Kendall Center looks forward to a new year of providing opportunities for faculty in their scholarship, research, creative work, and their teaching. Please click on "more" to see the list.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.