- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 6: Teachers Talking Technology
- May 7: Teachers Talking
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- May 16: Final Friday Faculty Social
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Interested in teaching or conducting research abroad in the prestigious Fulbright Scholar program? Please come to talk with Carol Robles, Senior Program Officer, Fulbright Commission/CIES, on Thursday, April 3 at 10:30 a.m. to Noon about opportunities around the world. For faculty unable to attend the workshop or for those who would like additional time to talk with Carol Robles, please join us for lunch in the Three Crowns Buffet at 12:30 p.m.
The Kendall Center will be sponsoring a workshop - How to Write a Recommendation Letter on Wednesday, April 9th from 4 to 5:00 p.m. in the St. Peter Room. Jeff Stocco, Career Center Director, will lead faculty in a conversation about how to convey information in a manner that is honest and useful. Faculty with all levels of experience are encouraged to join this important conversation. All participants will receive a useful handbook of example letters and resources.
Interested in how our students measure up against those at other liberal arts institutions? Intrigued by the student data reported at the last faculty meeting? Barbara Fister has graciously agreed to continue the conversation about the most recent results of the Wabash National Study of the Liberal Arts. Grab your lunch at the buffet and join us April 10th in the St Peter Room for what should be an interesting conversation.
Join us April 15th to discuss how Internet2 is currently being used at Gustavus, how we plan to use it in the future, and how faculty can get involved. Internet2 is a research and development consortium led by over 200 US 70 companies and more than 40 universities working in partnership over affiliated organizations, including US government research laboratories to deploy advanced network applications and technologies, accelerating the creation of tomorrow's Internet.
Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the Final Friday Faculty Social on Friday, May 16th from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Johns Family Courtyard (Courtyard Cafe if rain). Get to know new faculty and reconnect with colleagues. Refreshments provided. Hope to see you there!
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.