- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
As a way to continue to promote and celebrate the good professional scholarly, research, and creative work of the faculty, we're launching a new publication, Faculty Achievements. Deadline to submit is February 14th, 2008. Please click this "more" link to see the citation format to use or you may go to the Kendall Center Website, under Publications, and submit online.
Teachers Talking Technology: Making Use of Electronic Reserves
At our next Teachers Talking Technology on Tuesday, February 19th, we will discuss Making Use of Electronic Reserves. Teachers Talking Technology runs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m., and from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the Three Crowns Buffet; just sign in.
Chili Cook-Off and Beer Tasting
Mark your calendars for the Chili Cook-Off and Beer Tasting on Friday, February 22nd from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m in the Interpretive Center. Cook up a big pot of your favorite chili, enough to share. Schell's Brewery has graciously agreed to provide the beer, we'll have chili fixin's and non alcoholic beverages too. Can't cook? Come anyway, there's plenty.
In Fall 2008, Gustavus will be starting a Global Focus program with the Year of China. On Thursday, February 28th, members of the IDPC committee will be available to answer questions about this program, as well as sharing some of their ideas on how they will be incorporating this theme into their courses. Teachers Talking runs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m., and from 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. in the Three Crowns Buffet; just sign in. Good conversation. Free Lunch.
Interested in research or teaching abroad? Join us for a Fulbright Faculty Workshop. Carol Robles, Senior Program officer at Fulbright/CIES will present the workshop on April 3rd, 2008. Learn about lecturing and research opportunities in 140 countries, get advice on which country to apply to and how to make contacts abroad, learn how to prepare the Fulbright application, and explore how your campus can host visiting foreign Fulbright scholars. Mark your calendars!
Presidential, Sabbatical and RSC Grants Due Dates
Presidential - Feb. 15, 2008 Sabbatical - March 3, 2008 Research Scholarship and Creativity - March 17, 2008
Lilly Network Exchange Program
The Lilly Fellows Program Board is sponsoring a Civil Rights seminar scheduled for June 3-15, 2008, "Returning to the Roots of Civil Rights" is a four-day Civil Rights seminar, followed by an eight-day bus tour to key sites of the Civil Rights Movement with opportunities to meet with participants of the Civil Rights Movement. For information contact Jessica Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org or Todd Allen at email@example.com.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.