- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Teachers Talking Technology: Incorporating Video
At our next Teachers Talking Technology on Tuesday, December 4th, Martin Lang and Leila Brammer will discuss using video in courses; from sources to find relevant video to nuts-and-bolts mechanics of importing clips into a classroom. Teachers Talking Technology runs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m., and from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the Three Crowns Buffet; just sign in.
On Thursday, December 6th our focus will be on one of the responsibilities of Gustavus faculty listed in the Faculty Handbook: to evaluate their courses. Please join colleagues from across the campus to talk about these questions: what do we as faculty want course evaluations to be? what purpose do they serve for us? how should courses be evaluated? how is the current system of course evaluation working? what should new faculty learn about course evaluation at Gustavus?
As a way to continue to promote and celebrate the good professional scholarly, research, and creative work of the faculty, The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is launching a new publication, Faculty Achievements. Please click this "more" link to see the citation format to use.
Presidential, Sabbactical and RSC Grants Due Dates
Presidential - Feb. 15, 2008 Sabbatical - March 3, 2008 Research Scholarship and Creativity - March 17, 2008
Mark your calendars for the Chili Cook-Off and Beer Tasting on Friday, February 22nd from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Cook up a big pot of your favorite chili, enough to share. Schell's Brewery has graciously agreed to provide the beer, we'll have chili fixin's and non alcoholic beverages too.
The Fulbright Scholar Program has opportunities for International Education Administrators, Occasional Lecturer Program, Engaging Faculty and more. Please check out the Fulbright website for more information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.