- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Kendall Center receives $1 Million gift!!
Recently, Robert and Karin Moe made a $1 million commitment to the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. This leadership gift brings the College closer to its goal to fully endow the center, which is dedicated to advancing active and interdisciplinary learning across the campus. When fully funded, the Moes' contribution will generate funds to support two main areas: faculty development and student-faculty research. Read complete article.
The monthly Orientation Sessions for new faculty will be held on October 11th and October 25th. All sessions are held on Thursdays from 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. Free lunch at the Buffet and then meet in the St. Peter Room. All new faculty members are expected to attend orientation sessions throughout the academic year. Each session has a discussion topic and one or more faculty facilitator, to provide an opportunity to share information about the issues of primary importance to new faculty.
Teachers Talking will be held on Thursday, October 18th. All Teachers Talking are held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. and again at 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking Technology October 16th
The first Teacher Talking Technology will be held on Tuesday, October 16th and will feature a 15 minute introduction to and demonstration of WebAssign, an online quizzing and homework tool. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter/Heritage Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. and again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. Upcoming Teachers Talking Technology dates are Tuesday, November 13th, and Tuesday, December 4th.
Michael Smith, Ithaca College, and Trish Ferrett, Carleton College, will present a workshop: Fit for Public Consumption: Strategies for Sharing Your Studies on Learning on Friday, November 2nd from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the St. Peter room. This workshop, a part of the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning's Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) initiative, is supported by funding from the Bush Grant.
2008-09 AAUW Grant information
The American Association of University Women Educational Foundation is announcing the Fellowships, Grants, and Awards for 2008-09 . Please visit www.aauw.org for more information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.