- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
In order to make the best use of funds remaining in the Bush Foundation faculty development grant, we have made some changes in procedures for mini-grant applications. Rather than accepting proposals on a rolling basis, applications for individual, departmental, and mid-career and senior mini-grants will be due August 15th. Funding for projects is only available through December 31, 2007. For more information, see the Kendall Center Website or contact Laura Behling or Jennifer Ackil.
The 2007 Bush Teaching and Learning Summer Workshop on The Student as Scholar:
Enhancing Research and Creative Practices has ended. Thanks to everyone!!
New Faculty Orientation Day
New Faculty Orientation Day will be held on Tuesday, August 28th at the Interpretive Center from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. New faculty are expected to join us for a day of discussion and discovery as we introduce you to the campus and to the resources available. You will meet other new colleagues, learn about campus offices, and connect with experienced faculty who can be valuable colleagues throughout your first year.
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 29th in the Campus Center from 9:00 a.m. through lunch. The day will provide a time for interested faculty to talk about issues and also share teaching tips and techniques. The event also provides an opportunity to meet new faculty and share with them thoughts about who we are and what we are about as an academic community. More info forthcoming (click more and see schedule)
The following is an explanation of how the professional travel funds can be used, effective June 1, 2007. Please contact the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning if you have questions. All forms can be found online on the Kendall Center website.
The Faculty Resource Network's winter programs application is now available! The Network Winter Seminars are a series of one-week seminars on a broad range of topics that occur concurrently from Wednesday, January 9-13, 2008. The Symposium 2007 "Advancing Women and the Underrepresented in the Academy" will be held November 16-17, 2007. Read further for more dates and information!
We are pleased to offer to any faculty member a free copy of Excellence Without a Soul. This will be a future Teachers Talking event. Please send an email to Cathy Blaukat (cblaukat) to request a copy.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.