- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
In order to make the best use of funds remaining in the Bush Foundation faculty development grant, we have made some changes in procedures for mini-grant applications. Rather than accepting proposals on a rolling basis, applications for individual, departmental, and mid-career and senior mini-grants will be due August 15th. Funding for projects is only available through December 31, 2007. For more information, see the Kendall Center Website or contact Laura Behling or Jennifer Ackil.
The 2007 Bush Teaching and Learning Summer Workshop on The Student as Scholar:
Enhancing Research and Creative Practices has ended. Thanks to everyone!!
New Faculty Orientation Day
New Faculty Orientation Day will be held on Tuesday, August 28th at the Interpretive Center from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. New faculty are expected to join us for a day of discussion and discovery as we introduce you to the campus and to the resources available. You will meet other new colleagues, learn about campus offices, and connect with experienced faculty who can be valuable colleagues throughout your first year.
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 29th in the Campus Center from 9:00 a.m. through lunch. The day will provide a time for interested faculty to talk about issues and also share teaching tips and techniques. The event also provides an opportunity to meet new faculty and share with them thoughts about who we are and what we are about as an academic community. More info forthcoming (click more and see schedule)
The following is an explanation of how the professional travel funds can be used, effective June 1, 2007. Please contact the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning if you have questions. All forms can be found online on the Kendall Center website.
The Faculty Resource Network's winter programs application is now available! The Network Winter Seminars are a series of one-week seminars on a broad range of topics that occur concurrently from Wednesday, January 9-13, 2008. The Symposium 2007 "Advancing Women and the Underrepresented in the Academy" will be held November 16-17, 2007. Read further for more dates and information!
We are pleased to offer to any faculty member a free copy of Excellence Without a Soul. This will be a future Teachers Talking event. Please send an email to Cathy Blaukat (cblaukat) to request a copy.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.