- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
New Co-Director of the Faculty Development Program
We are pleased to announce that Jennifer Ackil, Associate Professor of Psychology, has been named a co-director of the Faculty Development Program replacing Barbara Fister who has served as co-director for the past two years. Thanks to Barbara for her leadership of the program.
In order to help you begin planning for next year's professional conferences, the following is an explanation of how the professional travel funds can be used, effective June 1, 2007. Please contact the Faculty Development Resource Center if you have questions; all forms can be found online on the Faculty Development website.
Seven Gustavus faculty will be attending "Network Summer" program at New York University in June, participating in workshops on topics ranging from teaching business ethics to global women's movements.
Submit your Faculty Travel Receipts and Requests
Please submit your receipts from any trips at your earliest convenience. And if you are planning a trip, please submit your application as early as possible. As we begin to approach the end of the fiscal year, we need to reconcile all faculty travel accounts. Our purpose in doing this is twofold; first, to get you reimbursed for faculty travel expenses and second, to determine if there will be any remaining funds. Thank you
The following is an article from The Chronicle of Higher Education, "What I Did on My Fall Vacation" by Carolyn Foster Segal.
The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching and Learning invites proposals from college, and university faculty, staff, administrators and students for concurrent sessions on the Fall 2007 conference theme - Promoting Deep Learning: Cultivating Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity, and Engagement in College.
The Evangelical Church of Germany (EKD) is offering two three-month stipends to ELCA members and full-time professors at ELCA0-related colleges and universities for study in Germany in 2008.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.