- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
New Co-Director of the Faculty Development Program
We are pleased to announce that Jennifer Ackil, Associate Professor of Psychology, has been named a co-director of the Faculty Development Program replacing Barbara Fister who has served as co-director for the past two years. Thanks to Barbara for her leadership of the program.
In order to help you begin planning for next year's professional conferences, the following is an explanation of how the professional travel funds can be used, effective June 1, 2007. Please contact the Faculty Development Resource Center if you have questions; all forms can be found online on the Faculty Development website.
Seven Gustavus faculty will be attending "Network Summer" program at New York University in June, participating in workshops on topics ranging from teaching business ethics to global women's movements.
Submit your Faculty Travel Receipts and Requests
Please submit your receipts from any trips at your earliest convenience. And if you are planning a trip, please submit your application as early as possible. As we begin to approach the end of the fiscal year, we need to reconcile all faculty travel accounts. Our purpose in doing this is twofold; first, to get you reimbursed for faculty travel expenses and second, to determine if there will be any remaining funds. Thank you
The following is an article from The Chronicle of Higher Education, "What I Did on My Fall Vacation" by Carolyn Foster Segal.
The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching and Learning invites proposals from college, and university faculty, staff, administrators and students for concurrent sessions on the Fall 2007 conference theme - Promoting Deep Learning: Cultivating Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity, and Engagement in College.
The Evangelical Church of Germany (EKD) is offering two three-month stipends to ELCA members and full-time professors at ELCA0-related colleges and universities for study in Germany in 2008.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.