- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Join Gwen Freed, Office of College Relations, to discuss how liberal arts colleges in general, and Gustavus, in particular, establish and sustain a successful identity in higher education.
A wine and appetizers Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room on Tuesday, April 17th from 3:30 to 4:20 pm. If you can't attend that date/time, join us for a free lunch on Thursday, April 19th. Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room from either 11:30 am to 12:20 pm or at 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm.
Final reports are due for the Bush Teaching and Student Learning Mini-Grants. The final report to The Bush Foundation, will need to clearly identify how our use of the funds focused on the issues of student learning and pedagogy. The Bush Foundation will expect to see a deliberate attempt to assess the effectiveness of our teaching and learning projects in our final report. For this reason, please include such information in your final report to us.
Submit your Faculty Travel Receipts and Requests
Please submit your receipts from any trips at your earliest convenience. And if you are planning a trip, please submit your application as early as possible. As we begin to approach the end of the fiscal year, we need to reconcile all faculty travel accounts. Our purpose in doing this is twofold; first, to get you reimbursed for faculty travel expenses and second, to determine if there will be any remaining funds. Thank you
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.