- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- May 16: Final Friday Faculty Social
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Changing Conceptions of Faculty Work will be the topic of January's Teachers Talking. Join colleagues for a free lunch and conversation on Thursday, January 25th. Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room from 11:30 am to 12:20 pm or at 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm. (Sign in at the buffet)
Chili Cook-Off and Beer Tasting!
Mark your calendars! Our office will once again be sponsoring the Chili Cook-Off. It will be held Friday, February 9th from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Interpretive Center. Cook up a big pot of your favorite chili, enough to share. Schell's Brewery has graciously agreed to provide the beer, we'll have chili fixin's and non alcoholic beverages too. Watch for more details to come.
Faculty are invited to participate in the second symposium of Partners of Education Progress, focused on "Globalization and Social Responsibility: The Role of the Lutheran University". Faculty interested in submitting an abstract should do so no later than January 12, 2006.
February 13th and 15th Teachers Talking
Join Mark Anderson from Admissions for a wine and appetizers Teachers Talking on Tuesday, February 13th from 3:30 to 4:30 pm in the St Peter Room. If you can't attend that date/time, join us for a free lunch on Thursday, February 15th. Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room from either 11:30 am to 12:20 pm or at 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm.
The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching & Learning conference, "Transforming Student Learning for a Global Society," will be held on February 16-17, 2007.
Faculty may apply for weeklong seminars (free of charge to those who are accepted) at New York University on a wide variety of topics including American Indian perspectives on US history to education for civic engagement.
The Women of the ELCA are offering scholarships to assist Lutheran women in various phases of their academic lives, specifically the Leadership Scholarship for Senior Women Faculty or Staff at Lutheran Colleges and Seminars.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has acquired a new book available for loan. Rethinking Faculty Work: Higher Education's Strategic Imperative by Gappa, Austin and Trice.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.