- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Teachers Talking - Dr. Mark Edmundson
Join us on Thursday, November 2nd from 12:30 to 1:20 in the Heritage Room for lunch. Join Lefler Lecturer Dr. Mark Edmundson for a discussion of the role and place of reading in higher education. An excerpt from "Why Read" and article.
There will be an overview of the opportunities and challenges in the areas of (1)International Students and Scholars, (2)on-campus efforts for students, faculty, staff and administration, (3)Proposals to centralize all off-campus study programs, (4)Presentation of a new budget model for financing off-campus study and, (5) Changes in the Office of International Education to support the campus-wide initiatives.
The ELCA/Partners article
This link is to an interesting article on faculty work from The ELCA/Partners.
The ELCA Vocation and Education Conference
The ELCA Vocation and Education will hold its second symposium of Partners for Educational Progress: An alliance between the colleges, universities and seminaries of the ELCA and Tumaini University of the ELCT in Tanzania. "Globalization and Social Responsibility: The Role of the Lutheran University" will be held on April 20 - 27, 2007 at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
Assessing Student Learning - two more books available
The Faculty Developmnet Resource Center has two more books available for loan - Assessing Student Learning: A common sense guide by Linda Suskie. Please email cblaukat@gac if you'd like to check-out this resource book.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.