- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 6: Teachers Talking Technology
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- May 16: Final Friday Faculty Social
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Teachers Talking - Dr. Mark Edmundson
Join us on Thursday, November 2nd from 12:30 to 1:20 in the Heritage Room for lunch. Join Lefler Lecturer Dr. Mark Edmundson for a discussion of the role and place of reading in higher education. An excerpt from "Why Read" and article.
There will be an overview of the opportunities and challenges in the areas of (1)International Students and Scholars, (2)on-campus efforts for students, faculty, staff and administration, (3)Proposals to centralize all off-campus study programs, (4)Presentation of a new budget model for financing off-campus study and, (5) Changes in the Office of International Education to support the campus-wide initiatives.
The ELCA/Partners article
This link is to an interesting article on faculty work from The ELCA/Partners.
The ELCA Vocation and Education Conference
The ELCA Vocation and Education will hold its second symposium of Partners for Educational Progress: An alliance between the colleges, universities and seminaries of the ELCA and Tumaini University of the ELCT in Tanzania. "Globalization and Social Responsibility: The Role of the Lutheran University" will be held on April 20 - 27, 2007 at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
Assessing Student Learning - two more books available
The Faculty Developmnet Resource Center has two more books available for loan - Assessing Student Learning: A common sense guide by Linda Suskie. Please email cblaukat@gac if you'd like to check-out this resource book.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.