- February 27: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Special Faculty Development Newsletter Issue
Join Ken Westphal, Vice President of Finance, for an overview of the college budgeting process, a discussion on the opportunities and challenges of spending priorities, and the campus framework plan. A wine and appetizers Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room on Tuesday, October 17th from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. It will be presented again on Thursday, October 19th during a free lunch.
"Imagining Namibia" Photo Exhibit
"Imagining Namibia" Photo Exhibit. Faculty and staff who traveled to Namibia this summer as part of the Service Learning for Social Justice program will be exhibiting their some of the photographs at the Arts Center of St. Peter. The show runs November 16-January 7; a reception will be held on Saturday, December 9 from 2 to 5 p.m. for all Gustavus and St. Peter community members (refreshments will include African foods).
The faculty travel fund supports faculty attendance at professional conferences. Application forms are available from the Faculty Development Resource Center and are available at the Faculty Development Website. Read further for procedures and eligibilty.
The ELCA Vocation and Education unit announces the second symposium of Partners for Educational Progress: An alliance between the colleges, universities and seminaries of the ELCA and Tumaini University of the ELCT in Tanzania. The symposium will take place at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois from April 20 — 27, 2007. The topic is: "Globalization and Social Responsibility: The Role of the Lutheran University."
Upcoming Conference information for AACU, The Collaboration, MN Private College Council, Fund & Research Foundation, The Teaching Professor, ELCA, MN ACE Network, and Center for Innovation in the Liberal Arts (CILA). Visit the individual websites or contact the Faculty Development Resource Center for more information.
Mark your calendar and jump online to register for the 2006 Minnesota ACE Network Annual Conference, being held at the Minneapolis Community & Technical College.
Faculty Focus - Magna Publications, Volume 3, Issue 9: October 3, 2006. In this issue: Creating a Sustainable, Faculty-Driven Assessment Initiative, 6 Recommendations for the Physicality of Virtual Classrooms, Enhancing Students' Readiness to Learn. Click on the provided link to read the newsletter.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.