- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Join Ken Westphal, Vice President of Finance, for an overview of the college budgeting process, a discussion on the opportunities and challenges of spending priorities, and the campus framework plan. A wine and appetizers Teachers Talking will be held in the St Peter Room on Tuesday, October 17th from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. It will be presented again on Thursday, October 19th during a free lunch.
Upcoming Conference information for AACU, ALCF, The Collaboration, MN Private College Council, Fund & Research Foundation, MN Campus Compact, and Center for Innovation in the Liberal Arts (CILA). Visit the individual websites or contact the Faculty Development Resource Center for more information.
The Gustavus Global Faculty Program brings Gustavus students into conversation with outstanding scientists, artists, scholars, authors, teachers and other professionals from around the world. For up to one semester, students in classes at Gustavus engage in discussion, ask questions, and share observations via the Internet with "Global Faculty."
Chronicle of Higher Education - Live Chats
The Chronicle of Higher Education is holding live chats on various higher education topics. They will be held every Thursday at noon EST and each one will be hosted by a Chronicle editor and a guest "speaker." http://chronicle.com/live/
Check out this Article from The Carnegie Foundation
Interesting article from The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching - Integrating Work and Life: A Vision for a Changing Academy by Pat Hutchings, Mary Taylor Huber, and Chris M. Golde.
Assessing Student Learning - new resource book available
The Faculty Developmnet Resource Center has a new book available for loan - Assessing Student Learning: A common sense guide by Linda Suskie. Please email cblaukat@gac if you'd like to check-out this resource book.
The Commission on the Future of Higher Education - final report
Below is the link for the final report of the Commission on the Future of Higher Education - http://www.ed.gov/about/bdscomm/list/hiedfuture/reports/pre-pub-report.pdf
SIT, School for International Training is the accredited higher education institution of World Learning, is offering a Faculty Development program opportunity in May 2007 to Vietnam.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.