- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thanks to everyone who participated in Faculty Development Day and new faculty orientation. A special thank you to those colleagues who facilitated sessions and shared their experiences and expertise. Your contributions and involvement are appreciated.
The first Teachers Talking event of the year is September 21st at 11:30 am to 12:20 pm or 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm at the Three Crowns Buffet, St Peter Room. Join colleagues for a free lunch and conversation.
Funds are available for faculty to work on projects related to student learning. Please visit our website for more detailed information including the budget form and the application process at http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev/.
Last year, the Faculty Resource Network (FRN) based at New York University invited Gustavus to become an associate member of their nationally-recognized faculty development initiative. Their programs offer rich faculty development opportunities to an intentionally diverse set of institutions. For more about the FRN, see their Website: http://www.nyu.edu/frn.
The fall 2006 Collaboration Conference will be held November 17-18th, 2006 at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel in Bloomington, Minnesota. Conference topic -- Motivating Srudents for Better Retention, Learning, and Achievement. Read entire article for: Call for Proposals and Conference information.
The Collaboration - Proposals are due September 22 for the February 2007 Conference on Student Learning for a Global Society. They're seeking a broad range of strong proposals that share successes, highlight innovations, and address challenges. The Call for Proposals can be found online at www.collab.org.
Lilly Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowships
The Lilly Fellows Program offers two-year fellowships annually to individuals seriously considering academic vocations in church-related institutions. They are currently accepting applications from candidates who receive their Ph. D or the equivalent terminal degree within twenty months prior to and including August 2007. Contact the Faculty Development Resource Center for more information or email LFP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.