- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thanks to everyone who participated in Faculty Development Day and new faculty orientation. A special thank you to those colleagues who facilitated sessions and shared their experiences and expertise. Your contributions and involvement are appreciated.
The first Teachers Talking event of the year is September 21st at 11:30 am to 12:20 pm or 12:30 pm to 1:20 pm at the Three Crowns Buffet, St Peter Room. Join colleagues for a free lunch and conversation.
Funds are available for faculty to work on projects related to student learning. Please visit our website for more detailed information including the budget form and the application process at http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev/.
Last year, the Faculty Resource Network (FRN) based at New York University invited Gustavus to become an associate member of their nationally-recognized faculty development initiative. Their programs offer rich faculty development opportunities to an intentionally diverse set of institutions. For more about the FRN, see their Website: http://www.nyu.edu/frn.
The fall 2006 Collaboration Conference will be held November 17-18th, 2006 at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel in Bloomington, Minnesota. Conference topic -- Motivating Srudents for Better Retention, Learning, and Achievement. Read entire article for: Call for Proposals and Conference information.
The Collaboration - Proposals are due September 22 for the February 2007 Conference on Student Learning for a Global Society. They're seeking a broad range of strong proposals that share successes, highlight innovations, and address challenges. The Call for Proposals can be found online at www.collab.org.
Lilly Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowships
The Lilly Fellows Program offers two-year fellowships annually to individuals seriously considering academic vocations in church-related institutions. They are currently accepting applications from candidates who receive their Ph. D or the equivalent terminal degree within twenty months prior to and including August 2007. Contact the Faculty Development Resource Center for more information or email LFP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.