- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Faculty Development Coordinator Change
For the 2006-2007 academic year, Laura Behling has stepped back into her role as Faculty Development Co-Coordinator. Barbara Fister will continue as Co-Coordinator. Michele Rusinko will be working with the New Faculty Mentoring Partners Program. A BIG thank you to Michele for all her hard work and dedication the last two years as Co-Coordinator!
New Faculty Orientation Day and Welcome
New Faculty Orientation Day for all new faculty will be held on Tuesday, August 29 at the Interpretive Center from 9:00 am to 3:45 pm. An afternoon meeting for all new tenure track faculty is scheduled for Monday, August 28th from noon through dinner.
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 30 from 9:00 am through lunch in the Heritiage Room. Please register for the day by returning the RSVP that will be sent to your campus mailbox. Breakfast pastries and lunch will be provided.
New SoTL Program Coordinator
The Faculty Development office is pleased to announce that Margaret Bloch Qazi has officially been appointed as the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Program Coordinator for 2006-2007.
Procedures for the Faculty Professional Travel Expenses are as follows:
The first Teachers Talking event of the year is September 21st at 11:30 and/or 12:30 at the Three Crowns Buffet. Free lunch. Please mark your calendars now for all Teacher Talking events for 2006-2007. See entire article.
Funds are available for faculty, as individuals or as departments, to work on projects related to student learning. Please visit our website for more detailed information including the budget form and the application process at http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev/.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new book available for you to check out - Creating a New Kind of University by Stephen Percy, Nancy Zimpher and Mary Jane Brukardt.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new book available for you to check out and read - The American Faculty: The Restructuring of Academic Work and Careers. If interested please call (6227) or email cblaukat.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.