- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
With the end of the fiscal year right around the corner, we are trying to reconcile all faculty travel accounts. Our purpose in doing this is - one, to get you reimbursed for faculty travel expenses and secondly, to determine if there will be any remaining funds that may be offered to other faculty members. At your earliest convenience, please submit all your 2005-06 travel receipts to the Faculty Development Office. Thank you for your help!
New Faculty Orientation Session
The last New Faculty Orientation Session will be held on May 18th, 2006 after the faculty meeting, in the President's Dining Room. This will be an idea session.
Several faculty were accepted through a competitive process into the Network Summer programs hosted at New York University. Thanks to our new membership in the Faculty Resource Network, they will have their travel, registration, and lodging provided for one of several week-long seminar in June.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new resource book available for check-out. Please stop by the office and check it out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book to be sent through campus mail.
It has been a busy year for Faculty Development. Please read on for highlights. Laura Behling will be returning to the faculty development program in June. She and Barbara Fister will serve as co-coordinators, with Michele Rusinko continuing to provide leadership for new faculty mentoring. Cathy Blaukat will continue providing much-valued administrative support for the program. We all welcome any thoughts or comments you may have.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.