- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
The Collaboration for the advancement of college teaching and learning is holding the 2006 winter conference, topic: Building a Learning-Centered Institution. The conference will be held February 17-18 at the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, in Bloomington MN.
Gustavus has recently joined the Faculty Resource Network at New York University. Membership in this consortium means our faculty are eligible to apply for one of ten Network Summer seminars. Travel to New York, registration and materials, lodging, and most meals are paid for. The deadline for applications is February 17th; since Dean Mariangela Maguire needs to write a letter of support for your application, please let her know of your interest by February 1st.
Teachers Talking is on Thursday, January 12th. Come at 11:30 or 12:30 to choose your lunch from the banquet and join colleagues for a stimulating conversation. This month, we'll be discussing Millennials in the Classroom.
Join your colleagues during J-term for weekly conversation groups to reflect together on your teaching, mentoring, scholarship, life-work integration, and more. Books, refreshments, and a $100 stipend will be provided. Schedules and locations will be determined based on the groups' interest and availability. Please contact Chris or Amy in the CVR (e-mail either cjohnso5 or apehrson) by Dec. 30 if you're interested.
Scantron Forms - SET's
The Faculty Development office will now have the scrantron SET's forms available in our office and by request. Because the office is not staffed full-time, we ask that you plan ahead and make your requests early. Thank you
Grant Program Application Due Dates
- Presidential Faculty-Student Collaboration Grants: applications due Feb. 15, 2006
- Sabbatical Leaves for 2007-2008: applications due March 1, 2006
- Research, Scholarship and Creativity Grants: applications due March 15, 2006
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new resource book available. To Improve The Academy offers a resource for improvement in higher education to faculty and instructional development staff, department chairs, faculty, deans, student services staff, chief academic officers, and educational consultants.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.