- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
In November, the Faculty Resource Network based at New York University invited Gustavus to become an associate member of their nationally-recognized faculty development initiative. The FRN offers a number of opportunities for Gustavus faculty.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, December 1st from 9:00 am to 9:50 am in the Linner Lounge. Topic: Bob Weisenfeld - Finding time and support for scholarly activity.
Teachers Talking will be held on Tuesday, December 13th from 11:30 to 12:30 and again from 12:30 to 1:30 in the Three Crowns Buffet. This month, we'll be chewing over the issues raised by the Curriculum Committe: What is the role of the majors in a liberal arts context?
New procedures for the Faculty Professional Travel have been developed and are currently in place. We want to encourage you to use your Wells Fargo credit card when traveling, including airfare reservations.
The ELCA Vocation and Education Unit is delighted to announce that because of a generous grant from the Siebert Lutheran Foundation and other sponsorship we expect to be able to host the second symposium of Partners for Educational Progress: An alliance between the colleges, universities and seminaries of the ELCA and Tumaini University in Tanzania.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new resource book available Putting Students First. Please stop by the office and check it out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book to be sent through campus mail.
Grant Program Application Due Dates
- Presidential Faculty-Student Collaboration Grants: applications due Feb. 15, 2006
- Sabbatical Leaves for 2007-2008: applications due March 1, 2006
- Research, Scholarship and Creativity Grants: applications due March 15, 2006
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.