- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
In November, the Faculty Resource Network based at New York University invited Gustavus to become an associate member of their nationally-recognized faculty development initiative. The FRN offers a number of opportunities for Gustavus faculty.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, December 1st from 9:00 am to 9:50 am in the Linner Lounge. Topic: Bob Weisenfeld - Finding time and support for scholarly activity.
Teachers Talking will be held on Tuesday, December 13th from 11:30 to 12:30 and again from 12:30 to 1:30 in the Three Crowns Buffet. This month, we'll be chewing over the issues raised by the Curriculum Committe: What is the role of the majors in a liberal arts context?
New procedures for the Faculty Professional Travel have been developed and are currently in place. We want to encourage you to use your Wells Fargo credit card when traveling, including airfare reservations.
The ELCA Vocation and Education Unit is delighted to announce that because of a generous grant from the Siebert Lutheran Foundation and other sponsorship we expect to be able to host the second symposium of Partners for Educational Progress: An alliance between the colleges, universities and seminaries of the ELCA and Tumaini University in Tanzania.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a new resource book available Putting Students First. Please stop by the office and check it out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book to be sent through campus mail.
Grant Program Application Due Dates
- Presidential Faculty-Student Collaboration Grants: applications due Feb. 15, 2006
- Sabbatical Leaves for 2007-2008: applications due March 1, 2006
- Research, Scholarship and Creativity Grants: applications due March 15, 2006
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.