- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Teachers Talking will be held on Thursday, November 10th from 11:30 to 12:30 and again from 12:30 to 1:30 in the Three Crowns Buffet. Topic: Academic Planning.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, November 3rd from 8:00 am to 8:50 am in the Faculty/Staff Lounge. Topic: Tenure and Promotion criteria.
Three topics have been developed for Community Conversations: Parent Involvement - Partners, Not Enemies, Who Are Those Students Sitting in Front of Us? Changing Realities in the Classroom, and Advising - More Than Approval for Registration. We hope you can join us for one or all of the sessions.
Effective December 1, 2005 the account at Hometown Travel will be be closed. You will no longer be able to charge your airfare using the Faculty Development account number.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has five new resource books available. Please stop by the office and check them out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book(s) you would like and they can be sent through campus mail.
Syllabi and Course Evaluation Collection Book Available
At New Faculty Orientation, a Syllabi and Course Evaluation Collection booklet was given out. It contains examples of syllabi and cousre evaluations used by Gustavus faculty members. If you would be interested in having a copy, please email me at cblaukat and I will get one to you. We would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to those faculty who agreed to have their course syllabi and evaluations included.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.