- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Teachers Talking will be held on Thursday, November 10th from 11:30 to 12:30 and again from 12:30 to 1:30 in the Three Crowns Buffet. Topic: Academic Planning.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, November 3rd from 8:00 am to 8:50 am in the Faculty/Staff Lounge. Topic: Tenure and Promotion criteria.
Three topics have been developed for Community Conversations: Parent Involvement - Partners, Not Enemies, Who Are Those Students Sitting in Front of Us? Changing Realities in the Classroom, and Advising - More Than Approval for Registration. We hope you can join us for one or all of the sessions.
Effective December 1, 2005 the account at Hometown Travel will be be closed. You will no longer be able to charge your airfare using the Faculty Development account number.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has five new resource books available. Please stop by the office and check them out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book(s) you would like and they can be sent through campus mail.
Syllabi and Course Evaluation Collection Book Available
At New Faculty Orientation, a Syllabi and Course Evaluation Collection booklet was given out. It contains examples of syllabi and cousre evaluations used by Gustavus faculty members. If you would be interested in having a copy, please email me at cblaukat and I will get one to you. We would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to those faculty who agreed to have their course syllabi and evaluations included.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.