- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Funds are available for faculty, as individuals or as departments, to work on projects related to student learning. Please visit our website for more detailed information including the budget form and the application process at http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev/.
The first Teachers Talking event of the year is September 15th at 11:30 and 12:30 at the Three Crowns Buffet.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The first Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, September 8th from 9:00 am to 9:50 am in the Linner Lounge. Topic: checking in, questions about classes and mystery mail.
New Faculty Mentoring Program
New Faculty Mentoring Partners Dinner will be held on September 22 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in the President's Dining Room.
Great New Book available for New Faculty
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a great new book, Life on the Tenure Track by James M. Lang, that focuses on lessons from the first year. He asks the questions that confront every new faculty member and shares his moments of confusion, frustration, even elation as well as his insights into the lives and working conditions of faculty in higher education today. Please stop by the office and check out this new resource book.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has 3 new resource books now available that focus on On-Line Teaching. Please stop by the office and check them out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book(s) you would like and they can be sent through campus mail.
Faculty Travel Forms
The forms for Faculty professional travel can be found online on the Faculty Development website - http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev. The forms are also in the mailbox by the door of the Faculty Development Resource Center SSC 119. If you are submitting requests for travel online, please send the email attachment to cblaukat. Please submit your travel request forms at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.