- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Funds are available for faculty, as individuals or as departments, to work on projects related to student learning. Please visit our website for more detailed information including the budget form and the application process at http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev/.
The first Teachers Talking event of the year is September 15th at 11:30 and 12:30 at the Three Crowns Buffet.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The first Monthly Orientation Session for new faculty will be held on Thursday, September 8th from 9:00 am to 9:50 am in the Linner Lounge. Topic: checking in, questions about classes and mystery mail.
New Faculty Mentoring Program
New Faculty Mentoring Partners Dinner will be held on September 22 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in the President's Dining Room.
Great New Book available for New Faculty
The Faculty Development Resource Center has a great new book, Life on the Tenure Track by James M. Lang, that focuses on lessons from the first year. He asks the questions that confront every new faculty member and shares his moments of confusion, frustration, even elation as well as his insights into the lives and working conditions of faculty in higher education today. Please stop by the office and check out this new resource book.
The Faculty Development Resource Center has 3 new resource books now available that focus on On-Line Teaching. Please stop by the office and check them out or send an email to cblaukat and request the book(s) you would like and they can be sent through campus mail.
Faculty Travel Forms
The forms for Faculty professional travel can be found online on the Faculty Development website - http://www.gustavus.edu/oncampus/facdev. The forms are also in the mailbox by the door of the Faculty Development Resource Center SSC 119. If you are submitting requests for travel online, please send the email attachment to cblaukat. Please submit your travel request forms at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.