- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thank you to everyone who helped out throughout 2013-14 at the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning! You are appreciated!!
The Kendall Center update........click for more
Reading in Common: Book Giveaway
The first year reading in common books have been announced: "Where Am I Wearing" and "Where Am I Eating" by Kelsey Timmerman. To enable all faculty members to participate in the campus conversation, the Kendall Center is happy to announce that we will be offering a free book of each title for any faculty member who would like one. Please email your request to the Kendall Center's administrative assistant, Cathy Blaukat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Research, Scholarship, & Creativity Publication
The Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Publication 2012-2013 is now available. If you would like a copy, please email Cathy Blaukat (cblaukat) and a copy will be placed in campus mail for you.
Kendall Center is on Facebook!
Stay updated on all the latest events, workshops, and opportunities and much more by liking the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning on Facebook.
New Faculty Orientation Day
New Faculty Orientation Day will be held on Tuesday, August 26 from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please refer to Kendall Center website for a schedule of the day.
Faculty Development Day
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 27th from 8:30 a.m. thru lunch. Please check the Kendall Center website for updates to the day's events.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.