- February 27: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus Adolphus College. The Celebration will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 2 in the Campus Center. In previous years, there were over 140 separate posters representing creative projects from across campus. Please encourage your students engaged in creative inquiry to participate.
Faculty Shop Talk 4/11
Glenn Kranking (Assistant Professor, History) will present at Faculty Shop Talk on Friday, April 11. His talk entitled, "Island People: The Swedish Diaspora in Estonia, 1860-1944" will be presented at 4:30 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Feel free to arrive any time after 4:15 p.m. The abstract for this and future talks may be viewed at, http://gustavus.edu/events/shoptalks/.
The Kendall Center is hosting monthly Writing Retreats this spring semester both at Gustavus and at ASI. Faculty can sign up for a full day — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - devoted to writing. We'll provide breakfast and lunch.
Join us on Tuesday, April 15 from 4:30 to 6 pm in the St. Peter Room for the Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship. Title: Community-Based Learning- What's it all about? Have you heard about community-based learning courses at Gustavus?
Join us on Tuesday, April 15 for Teachers Talking Technology. Program at 11:30 am and again at 12:30 pm. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet, meet in the Heritage Room
Teachers Talking Writing
Join us on Tuesday, April 16 for Teachers Talking Writing. Program at 11:30 am and again at 12:30 pm. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet, meet in the Heritage Room
New Faculty Orientation Session
Join us on Thursday, April 17 for New Faculty Orientation Session. Topic: Gustavus and its Mission — this session explores the mission of Gustavus and its unique place in higher education. Topics include Gustavus as a liberal arts college, Lutheran higher education and Gustavus's connection to the Lutheran (ELCA) church, and its Swedish immigrant roots. Presenters: Will Freiert, Marcia Bunge, Glenn Kranking. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room, 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
Join us on Wednesday April 23 for Teachers Talking. "What Do I Do When...? Medical Emergencies in the Classroom." Join Heather Dale, Director of Health Service, to learn what to do when such an event occurs in your classroom.
New faculty mentor/mentee social (tenure-track only)
All new tenure-track faculty and mentors please join us on Wednesday, April 23 for a wine and cheese social from 4:30 pm to 6 pm in the St Peter Room. This is a social for new tenure-track faculty and their mentors. New faculty (and their mentors) from the past two years are also invited.
Faculty Shop Talk 4/25
Pamela Conners (Assistant Professor, Communication Studies) will present at Faculty Shop Talk on Friday, April 25. Her talk entitled, "If This Were My Business: The Economies of School Board Deliberation" will be presented at 4:30 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Feel free to arrive any time after 4:15 p.m. The abstract for this and future talks may be viewed at, http://gustavus.edu/events/shoptalks/.
Final Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the Final Friday Faculty Social on Friday, May 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Refreshments provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.