- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Chuck Niederriter (Professor in Physics), Jeff Jeremiason (Associate Professor in Chemistry and Associate Professor in Environmental Studies), Colleen Jacks (Professor in Biology), and Jim Dontje (Director of Johnson Center for Environmental Innovation and Chair and Director of Johnson Center for Environmental Innovation in Environmental Studies) will present at Faculty Shop Talk on Friday, December 6.
Teachers Talking & New Faculty Orientation Session
Join us on Tuesday, December 10 for a special Teachers Talking and New Faculty Orientation Session. The topic is: Becoming involved with interdisciplinary programs; a discussion of interdisciplinary programs at Gustavus. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room, 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
The Kendall Center, in collaboration with the Provost's Office, is hosting two J-term Writing Retreats. Faculty can sign up for a full day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. devoted to writing. We'll provide breakfast and lunch. Retreats will be held in the Board Room on: Thursday, January 9 and Tuesday, January 21, and Saturday, January 25. There will also be a session held at ASI on Saturday, January 25. Reserve a space with Cathy Blaukat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for one or both of the writing retreats.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.