- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
This special afternoon session for new Tenure Track Faculty held on Monday, August 26th is designed for new tenure track faculty to begin to get to know other new faculty. Second, how to use professional conference travel funds and several second and third-year faculty members will join us for a conversation. These are tenure-track faculty who have successfully navigated their first year or two, and can be terrific resources for you.
New Faculty Orientation Day will be held in the Heritage Room on Tuesday, August 27 from 8:45 to 4:30 pm. This day will allow new faculty to meet other faculty new to Gustavus, to be introduced to important offices they'll need to know (the Registrar, for example), and have more general conversations about their work here with returning faculty.
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 28 in the Heritage Room beginning at 8:30 am thru lunch. Faculty Development Day is a half-day event that showcases good teaching practices, new developments in technology, pedagogical work being done on the campus, and resources, both on and off campus, that are of interest to faculty. All Gustavus faculty are invited to attend.
First Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the First Friday Faculty Social on Friday, September 6 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Refreshments provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
New Faculty Orientation Session
Join us on Tuesday, September 10 for the first New Faculty Orientation Session. Checking-in session; provides an open-ended opportunity for new faculty to get to know each other, share their experiences, and have their questions answered in a supportive environment. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room, 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.