- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
The Kendall Center sends a HUGE Thank You and appreciation to Margaret Bloch Qazi for her three years of hard work and dedication as Director of the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. You will be missed!!
Kendall Center News
The Kendall Center welcomes Alisa Rosenthal as the new Kendall Center Director. Welcome Alisa!! We say a sad good-bye to Dan Moos, Evidence-Based Learning Faculty Associate and thank him for all his work with the Kendall Center!
Thank you to everyone who helped out throughout 2012-13 at the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning! You are appreciated!! click "more" for the list....
Reading in Common: Book Giveaway
The first year reading in common book has been announced: "A Pearl in the Storm" by Tori Murden McClure. To enable all faculty members to participate in the campus conversation, the Kendall Center is happy to announce that we will be offering a free book for any faculty member who would like one. Please email your request to the Kendall Center's administrative assistant, Cathy Blaukat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New Faculty Orientation Day is scheduled for Tuesday, August 27 beginning at 8:45 a.m. thru 4:30 p.m. Breakfast and lunch provided, meet in Heritage Room in Campus Center. This day will allow new faculty to meet other faculty new to Gustavus, be introduced to important offices they will need to know (the Registrar, for example), and have more general conversations about their work here with returning faculty.
Join us on Wednesday, August 28 to our annual Faculty Development Day, a half-day event that showcases good teaching practices, new developments in technology, pedagogical work being done on the campus, and resources, both on and off campus, that are of interest to faculty. All Gustavus faculty are invited to attend and participation is voluntary; the large numbers of new and returning faculty who do attend appreciate learning about the good work of their colleagues.
GTS will be upgrading the Moodle server to the much-improved version (v. 2.4) over the summer. It is critical that each of you allot extra time in preparation for your Fall Semester courses if you use Moodle.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.