- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
New Faculty Orientation Day
New Faculty Orientation Day will be held on Tuesday, August 28th beginning at 8:30 a.m. thru 4:30 p.m. Breakfast and lunch provided, meet in Heritage Room in Campus Center.
Faculty Development Day
Faculty Development Day will be held on Wednesday, August 29 beginning at 8:30 a.m. and going thru lunch. More information will be coming. Hope to see you there.
Join us on September 6 for New Faculty Orientation Session. The topic is Checking in at the start of the semester led by Paul Saulnier. Please join all new faculty colleagues for lunch to talk over the first week of classes; bring your questions. The session on September 27 will focus on Facilitating classroom discussion.
First Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the First Friday Faculty Social on Friday, September 7 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Refreshments provided. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
Join us on Thursday, September 13, 2012 for Teachers Talking, topic: Getting Started.
How do you start it all: enthusiasm for the subject, trips and projects, and expectations? The first day of class is important for setting the tone and expectations for the rest of the semester. What are your objectives for the first day of class and what do you do with your students? Join your faculty colleagues in a conversation about getting the semester off to a good start.
Teachers Talking Technology
There will be a Teachers Talking Technology on Tuesday, September 18. Watch fac-l for more information. Program runs at 11:30 and again at 12:30. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet, then meet in the Heritage Room.
Faculty are invited on September 19, Board Room, 3:30-5:00 to an informal discussion of Andrew Delbanco's College: What it Was, Is, and Should Be, co-hosted/facilitated by Greg Kaster (History) and Gustavus Trustees John Hallberg (Chair of the Board's Institutional Advancement Committee) and Jan Michaletz. This discussion is an opportunity for faculty and trustees to reflect together on the challenges Gustavus faces along with other liberal arts institutions.
6th Annual SoTL Commons International Conference
The 6th annual SoTL Commons Conference will be held on March 27-29, 2013 in Savannah, Georgia. Information is available here.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.