- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is offering support for faculty designing a new semester-long course, or substantially re-designing an existing semester-long course, to reflect a global, multicultural, or interdisciplinary curriculum (as identified in the Academic Strategic Plan, April 2010). Deadline to apply is May 1.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry - May 4th
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus Adolphus College. The Celebration will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Campus Center on Friday, May 4 the day before Honors Day, and will feature student poster presentations (or other similar presentations as appropriate). "Creative inquiry" is an intentionally broad term that encompasses research and scholarship including, in the arts, exhibits or performances.
New Faculty Orientation Session
There will be a New Faculty Orientation Session on Thursday, May 10 from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room. Year-end wrap up, review, and evaluation session. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet.
Final Friday Faculty Social - Friday, May 11
All faculty are invited to the Final Friday Faculty Social on Friday, May 11 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Interpretive Center. Refreshments will be provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
Congratulations to Mini Grant Recipient
Congratulations to Eric Dugdale who has been awarded a Teaching and Learning Mini Grant to attend the Minnesota Research Laboratory Summer Manuscript Workshop.
Deadline to Submit Travel Receipts - May 31
Please assist the Kendall Center in administering the faculty professional travel funds by submitting your receipts for completed travel by Thursday, May 31st. Materials received after this date will not be reimbursed. Forms and guidelines for travel funds are available online on the Kendall Center website. Thank you
Two Gustavus Professors Included in Best 300 Professors Book. Professor of Biology John Lammert and Associate Professor of Political Science Richard Leitch are both included in the Princeton Review's latest publication, The Best 300 Professors. The book was published on Tuesday, April 3, and profiles 300 outstanding professors at 122 colleges across the country.
Higher Education Teaching and Learning (HETL) Association International Conference, Orlando, January 13-15, 2013, in cooperation with the University of Central Florida Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning. The conference theme is Exploring Spaces for Learning, with a particular invitation of papers on informal learning sites, virtual learning spaces, experiential learning and global classrooms. Presentations are sought on engaging and retaining students
Bringing Theory to Practice Project Request for Proposals. First Deadline: June 15, 2012. click "move" for further information.
Biola University's Center for Christian Thought is hosting its first annual conference featuring presentations from several prominent Christian scholars on the theme of "Christian Scholarship in the 21st Century: Prospects and Perils." please click more for further information.
The Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education (POD) Diversity Committee enthusiastically invites proposals for the 2012 Educational Development Internship Grant.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.