- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Kendall Center Update!
The Kendall Center has moved to the new academic building, Room 103. Please feel free to stop by and check out our new space and say hello. We welcome Leila Brammer as the new Assessment of Learning Outcomes Faculty Associate and Tom Huber as the new Undergraduate Research Faculty Associate.
All new tenure track faculty are invited to a Welcome Lunch and Meeting, on Monday, August 29 from 12 p.m. — 4 p.m. in the Heritage Room. The lunch and meeting is a special afternoon session designed to provide new tenure-track faculty with an opportunity to begin to get to get to know each other and to review some specific details, such as how to use professional conference travel funds.
New Faculty Orientation Day, on Tuesday, August 30 allows new faculty to meet other faculty new to Gustavus, be introduced to important offices (the Registrar, for example), and have more general conversations about their work here with returning faculty. Please meet in the Heritage Room, 8:30 to 4:30 pm, breakfast and lunch provided.
Faculty Development Day, on Wednesday, August 31, provides current faculty an opportunity to meet new faculty and share with them thoughts about who we are and what we are about as an academic community, we hope department chairs will encourage new faculty, and all faculty, to attend. As in previous years, we will provide breakfast refreshments and lunch for all participants. Faculty Development Day begins at 8:30 a.m. at the Heritage Room, Campus Center.
New Faculty Orientation Session
The first New Faculty Orientation Session on will be held on Thursday, September 8, from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room. Topic: checking in. Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room. Please feel free to get your lunch anytime after 12:15 p.m. We have a sign-in sheet at the buffet. We'll start the session at 12:45 p.m. so hope everyone can be through the line by then.
First Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the First Friday Faculty Social on Friday, September 9 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Refreshments provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
Teachers Talking - mark the date
Join us on September 15th for Teachers Talking. Topic TBA. Teachers Talking will be held in the St. Peter Room - Program runs from 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. Free lunch. Good Conversation.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on September 20th for Teachers Talking Technology. Topic TBA. Teachers Talking Technology will be held in the Heritage Room - Program runs from 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. Free lunch. Good Conversation.
All Kendall Center events have been added to the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning homepage website. As events are added to the Gustavus Calendar this list will get updated. If you would like to add all upcoming Kendall Center events to your Google Calendar, you can click on the "Events" title to go to the College Calendar. From there, they can click on the "Add 'Sponsor / John S Kendall Center for Engaged Learning' to your calendar" link.
Getting Science Grants: Effective Strategies for Funding Success by Thomas R. Blackburn
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.