- March 2: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - AquÃ y allÃ¡/Here and There with director Antonio MÃ©ndez Esparza
- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Please assist the Kendall Center in administering the faculty professional travel funds by submitting your receipts for completed travel by May 31st. Materials received after this date will not be reimbursed. Forms and guidelines for travel funds are available online on the Kendall Center website. Thank you
Thank you to the following faculty, staff, and administrators for sharing their expertise, experiences, ideas, and time this year in programs sponsored by the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. Click the "more" link to view list.
Kendall Center News
As the year ends we say good bye and a HUGE thank-you to Barbara Fister who served as Assessment of Learning Outcomes Faculty Associate and also to Brandy Russell, Undergraduate Research Faculty Associate. We welcome Leila Brammer to the Kendall Center who will be the new Assessment of Learning Outcomes Faculty Associate and Tom Huber who will be the new Undergraduate Research Faculty Associate.
It's never too early to think about August: mark your calendars for New Tenure-track Faculty Orientation on Monday, August 29; New faculty Orientation on Tuesday, August 30; and Faculty Development Day on Wednesday, September 1.
New Book Available
Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and Tools for Using Rubrics by Terrel L. Rhodes, AAC&U, 2010 has recently been purchased by the Kendall Center and is available for check-out thru the Gustavus Library.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.