- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Submit your Faculty Travel Receipts and Requests
Please assist the Kendall Center in administering the faculty professional travel funds by submitting your receipts for completed travel by May 31st. Materials received after this date will not be reimbursed. Forms and guidelines for travel funds are available online on the Kendall Center website. Thank you
Join us on May 5 for a Teachers Talking on Course Evaluations. As the semester winds down, what would you like to know about student's experience in your classroom? Join colleagues for lunch to talk about what kinds of information regarding student learning and attitudes is useful to collect on end of the semester course evaluations, how to ask the questions and what to do with the information you've received. Program runs at 11:30 a.m. and at 12:30 pm.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus Adolphus College. The Celebration will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Campus Center on Friday, May 6 the day before Honors Day, and will feature student poster presentations (or other similar presentations as appropriate). "Creative inquiry" is an intentionally broad term that encompasses research and scholarship including, in the arts, exhibits or performances.
New Faculty Orientation Session
There will be a New Faculty Orientation Session on Thursday, May 12 from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room. Year-end wrap up, review, and evaluation session. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet.
Join us for a SoTL lunch at 11:30 and again at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13. All are welcome, even if you are not planning a SoTL project in the near future. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet then meet in St Peter Room.
Final Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the Final Friday Faculty Social on Friday, May 13 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Interpretive Center. Refreshments will be provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
The Center for Servant Leadership is currently accepting proposals for the 2011-2012 Faculty Fellows Program in Community-Based Learning. Deadline for submissions is May 13, 2011, with award notifications on May 20, 2011. click "more" for further information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.