- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Submit your Faculty Travel Receipts and Requests
Please assist the Kendall Center in administering the faculty professional travel funds by submitting your receipts for completed travel by May 31st. Materials received after this date will not be reimbursed. Forms and guidelines for travel funds are available online on the Kendall Center website. Thank you
Join us on May 5 for a Teachers Talking on Course Evaluations. As the semester winds down, what would you like to know about student's experience in your classroom? Join colleagues for lunch to talk about what kinds of information regarding student learning and attitudes is useful to collect on end of the semester course evaluations, how to ask the questions and what to do with the information you've received. Program runs at 11:30 a.m. and at 12:30 pm.
Celebration of Creative Inquiry
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students from Gustavus Adolphus College. The Celebration will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Campus Center on Friday, May 6 the day before Honors Day, and will feature student poster presentations (or other similar presentations as appropriate). "Creative inquiry" is an intentionally broad term that encompasses research and scholarship including, in the arts, exhibits or performances.
New Faculty Orientation Session
There will be a New Faculty Orientation Session on Thursday, May 12 from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room. Year-end wrap up, review, and evaluation session. Free lunch at Three Crowns buffet.
Join us for a SoTL lunch at 11:30 and again at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13. All are welcome, even if you are not planning a SoTL project in the near future. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet then meet in St Peter Room.
Final Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the Final Friday Faculty Social on Friday, May 13 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Interpretive Center. Refreshments will be provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations.
The Center for Servant Leadership is currently accepting proposals for the 2011-2012 Faculty Fellows Program in Community-Based Learning. Deadline for submissions is May 13, 2011, with award notifications on May 20, 2011. click "more" for further information.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.