- March 5: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 6: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 9: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Pelo malo/Bad Hair
- March 10: Teachers Talking Writing
- March 11: Faculty Publication Tea
- March 12: Teachers Talking
- March 16: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - La sombra azul/The Blue Shadow with director Sergio Schmucler
- March 19: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 20: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- March 21: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- March 23: 2nd Gustavus Hispanic FilmFest - Last Screening: Wilaya
- March 24: Teachers Talking
- April 9: Teachers Talking
- April 10: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 11: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavus
- April 16: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 22: New Faculty Mentor/Mentee Social (tenure-track only)
- April 24: Faculty Shop Talk
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Sean Cobb, Technology — x6085
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Leila Brammer, Research, Scholarship, and Creativity — x6190
- Deb Pitton, Global and Cultural Engagement — x7456
- Thia Cooper, Interim Diversity and Inclusive Excellence — x6296
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thanks to everyone who participated in Faculty Development Day and New Faculty Orientation. A special thank you to those colleagues who facilitated sessions and shared their experiences and expertise. Your contributions and involvement are appreciated.
First Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the First Friday Faculty Social on Friday, September 10 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Refreshments provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning.
There will be a SoTL (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) lunch held on Friday, September 17 from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. Anyone interested in SoTL is welcome to attend. Sign in at the buffet and join us in the St. Peter Room for a lively and informative conversation
Teachers Talking - September 16
Join us for the first Teachers Talking of the year when we discuss "Thinking about making good food: student activities related to the Nobel Conference." Sessions are from 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and run again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. Free lunch at Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the Heritage Room. Teachers Talking events are informal lunchtime conversations that focus on issues of interest to teaching and learning, higher education, and best practices in pedagogy.
Teachers Talking Technology
The first Teachers Talking Technology of the year will be held on Tuesday, September 21 (topic TBA). This program runs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. and again from 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. Join us for free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room for good conversations.
All Kendall Center events have been added to the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning homepage website. As events are added to the Gustavus Calendar this list will get updated. If you would like to add all upcoming Kendall Center events to your Google Calendar, you can click on the "Events" title to go to the College Calendar. From there, they can click on the "Add 'Sponsor / John S Kendall Center for Engaged Learning' to your calendar" link.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your e-mail address and name.