- March 13: Teachers Talking Technology
- March 14: Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshop
- March 14: Reacting to the Past Regional Conference
- March 18: Teachers Talking
- March 20: New Faculty Orientation Session
- March 21: Faculty Shop Talk
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat
- March 22: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 7: Majors/Minors Fair
- April 11: Faculty Shop Talk
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat
- April 12: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- April 15: Teachers Talking Technology
- April 15: Showcase for Community-Engaged Scholarship
- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Thanks to everyone who participated in Faculty Development Day and New Faculty Orientation. A special thank you to those colleagues who facilitated sessions and shared their experiences and expertise. Your contributions and involvement are appreciated.
First Friday Faculty Social
All faculty are invited to the First Friday Faculty Social on Friday, September 10 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Interpretive Center. Get to know new faculty, reconnect with colleagues, and celebrate the start of the new year. Refreshments provided. Hosted by the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning.
There will be a SoTL (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning) lunch held on Friday, September 17 from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. Anyone interested in SoTL is welcome to attend. Sign in at the buffet and join us in the St. Peter Room for a lively and informative conversation
Teachers Talking - September 16
Join us for the first Teachers Talking of the year when we discuss "Thinking about making good food: student activities related to the Nobel Conference." Sessions are from 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and run again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. Free lunch at Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the Heritage Room. Teachers Talking events are informal lunchtime conversations that focus on issues of interest to teaching and learning, higher education, and best practices in pedagogy.
Teachers Talking Technology
The first Teachers Talking Technology of the year will be held on Tuesday, September 21 (topic TBA). This program runs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. and again from 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. Join us for free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, then meet in the St. Peter Room for good conversations.
All Kendall Center events have been added to the Kendall Center for Engaged Learning homepage website. As events are added to the Gustavus Calendar this list will get updated. If you would like to add all upcoming Kendall Center events to your Google Calendar, you can click on the "Events" title to go to the College Calendar. From there, they can click on the "Add 'Sponsor / John S Kendall Center for Engaged Learning' to your calendar" link.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.