- April 16: Teachers Talking Writing
- April 17: New Faculty Orientation Session
- April 23: Teachers Talking
- April 23: New Faculty Mentor Mentee Social
- April 25: Faculty Shop Talk
- May 2: Celebration of Creative Inquiry
- May 8: New Faculty Orientation Session
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat
- May 10: Faculty Writing Retreat at ASI
- May 16: Final Friday Faculty Social
- Alisa Rosenthal — x7437
- Kyle Chambers, Faculty Associate for Technology — x7063
- Kate Keller, Faculty Associate for Evidence-Based Learning — x7432
- Tom Huber, Undergraduate Research — x7036
- Paul Saulnier, New Faculty Programming — x6123
- Cathy Blaukat — x6227
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning is located in Beck Hall, Room 103
Mary Solberg, Vice Chair of the Faculty Senate, will talk about how faculty governance works at Gustavus. She'll also go over the committees at Gustavus, how the election or appointment process works, and suggest ways to be involved.
Join us on Thursday, April 2 for lunch buffet at 12:15-12:30 and then meet in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking: Student Assessment of Learning Gains
Join Carolyn Dobler for Teachers Talking on Thursday, April 9 when she presents "SALG," a website that allows faculty to gather learning-focused feedback from students. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and program repeats 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking Writing
Becky Fremo, Michele Twait, and Jeanne Herman will jointly present a session on "Effective use of the Everyday Writer handbook." Join us for a special Teachers Talking on Tuesday, April 14. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and program repeats 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. in the St. Peter Room.
Join Ken Westphal, Vice President for Finance and Treasurer, on Thursday, April 16 for an overview of the budget and endowment. Free lunch at the Three Crowns buffet, 11:30 to 12:20 p.m. and program repeats 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. meet in the St. Peter Room.
Teachers Talking Technology
Join us on Tuesday, April 21 for Teachers Talking Technology where the topic will be "Facebook in Academia." Free lunch at the Three Crowns Buffet, then meet in the St Peter Room from 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. or again at 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
New Faculty Orientation Session - April 23
New Faculty Orientation will be held on Thursday, April 23. Join us for lunch buffet at 12:15-12:30 and then meet in the St. Peter Room.
The Celebration will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Campus Center on Friday, May 2nd, the day before Honors Day, and will feature student poster presentations (or other similar presentations as appropriate). "Creative inquiry" is an intentionally broad term that encompasses research and scholarship including, in the arts, exhibits or performances.
About the newsletter
This is an e-mail newsletter from the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning. If you prefer not to receive future issues of this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address and name.